District Transfers

The District wants to advise parents and guardians of attendance options and local attendance options available in the District. (EC48980(h)). These are options for attending schools other than a student’s home school.

Intra-District Transfers

Students who attend schools other than their home school are referred to as transfer students. Requests for intra-district transfers are available at the district office, online, or at your child’s school. These requests are from residents who live within District boundaries and want their child(ren) to attend a school other than their assigned residential school. Due to growth, class size limits and school capacity, it may not be possible to approve all transfers. Requests are granted based on space availability. After space availability is determined, parents will be notified of approval or denial. Transportation is the responsibility of the parent and/or guardian.

Intra-District Transfer Request Forms

Inter-District Transfers

Inter-district transfer requests from students who attend school outside the boundaries of Hesperia Unified School District require a release from their home district. The parent or legal guardian of a pupil may seek release from their home district to attend a school in any other school district. Transfer into HUSD will only be approved if space is available.

If you live within the Hesperia Unified School District’s boundaries and would like to attend another school district, you may obtain an inter-district transfer permit form from the Student Services Department, located at the Administration & Education Support Center.